Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What can wash away my sins..

Nothing but the blood of Jesus

On sunday, my church had a baptism ceremony, and 4 of my friends were baptised! The church I am a part of is baptist, and full emersion baptism as an adult is super important, and highly celebrated. So at 8 am, we had the ceremony. Balafones were playing, people were dancing. And then we worshipped God in the service directly after. It was great. Here are some pictures!


Mai, dancing to the balaphon on her way into the water


People were crowded on the walls and clumps of dirt surrounding the bapteme

Julie. I'm pretty sure the water was a bit cold.Mai and I! She's Timothee's cousin, and a good friend of mine.


Leiah and I!



Family photo: Timothee, Leiah (his fiance), Mai, and two sisters

The balaphon players, in the crowd around the bapteme.



What an amazing morning! That afternoon, I went to Timothee and Mai's house and ate lots of yummy food. I soaked in the fellowship with my friends from church.. that's right, friends! Never thought I'd be able to say that here! At least, with Ivorians. Cultural gaps can be so hard to cross. I'm blessed to finally be at this point.


More photos: Here are some photos of all the recent fetes (parties).


Emmanuel's birthday and more with my host family


A trip to Lataha and more photos with my Journey Corps team


If you haven't read my last blog on my thoughts for next year, please do! I am so thankful for your thoughts and prayers! ,Steph

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph! Just want to say hi and give some encouragement! I'm glad that you are able to call some of the people from church there friends. I know it's difficult but it's great to know that God is doing great things with you and within you! Looking forward to seeing you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete