Sunday, April 8, 2012

I am His and He is mine.

Five weeks spent in the US have left me craving more, yet hopeful for what God has in store when I return to Cote d'Ivoire. I couldn't do any of this without His strength, His unfailing love, His power that overcame the grave. This morning, in church, we sang In Christ Alone. "As He stands in victory, sin's curse has lost its grip on me. For I am His and He is mine. Bought with the precious blood of Christ." I am His! Sweet relief. I don't belong to fear or sin - I belong to a victorious God. The song goes on to say, "No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me." As I get on that plane tomorrow, I go out in His life giving power. Praise Him for that.

Blessings. That is what these past 5 weeks have been full of. Here are a few of them - my family.

My brother, Hunter, and I.

Bear, the newest edition to our family.

My mom and I. This lady is my superstar. She came to Africa to visit me (next blog!)
I love my dad.
Pappy and Nanny.
Hunter's pretty cool for 13.

From life's first cry to final breath..
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand.
'Til He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand.


2 comments: