Sunday, July 29, 2012

This is what life looks like

Sometimes, I stop and think about how naturally life has become here.  Wearing pagnes, washing clothes by hand, cooking over charcoal, visiting, teaching girls how to paint, taking a bus up north, going to the market - these things were so strange just 21 months ago.  As my second year winds down, I'm doing a lot more looking back, asking myself, "what has made this all worth it?"  It's in these moments - building relationships through the everyday thick of life - that remind me why I do any of it.

With my roommates and sisters: Mai and Awa
Preparing dinner with Awa - this is our kitchen
Everyday is laundry day in our courtyard
She is one of the several kids who live next door
This little albino girl called me "tu-babu" (white person).  Then my sister yelled, "but you're the same color!"

With Sara, my "older sister", a woman I look up to and love SO much!

With Eliane, one of the cutest little girls in my sunday school class

Bamba Sephora, the most adorable little girl, period.

At the tailor with Mimi Bjorklund, Eliza, and Eliane
Oh Lea, how I love you. I tried to get mad when she stole my dress and put it on, but that didn't work, so I just laughed.

My painting class at Centre Providence.




Pictures from Korhogo.  
Tricia at her host family's house.
Enoch, her little brother - one of the most cuddlable and adorable little boys.
An Ivorian coffee shop, with Tricia and Almut.

I love these girls.

Market pictures.


Almut and her little sister.  

Washing clothes the Ivorian way.
Little baby salamander.  These guys are everywhere this time of year.

Seminar on evangelism with Nanou, a recently graduated pastor in our church association.

Team pictures on top of Mount Korhogo!



Thanks for checkin' out this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Steph. Love all the pictures. Can't believe I'm here too. I still need to do something with my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete