Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June is where it's at

Every year, June is a month full of parties here in Cote d'Ivoire.  Personally, I wouldn't choose any other.  The month kicks off with my birthday on the first!  A handful of my Ivorian friends and American teammates made it a fantastic day.  

Mai and Marie Louise
 Lea and Mai

I love laughing this hard

 Tim and Lea - who made the party happen.


We had our annual party for the annual African Children's Day, at Centre Providence (the girls school where I volunteer).  The girls prepare dances, songs, games, and food, and we party it up!



 Mureille
 Elody
 Djata and Rokia, twins
 Audrey, proudly holding her newborn
 Evelynn and I
 Sara and Solange
 Nathalie and I
 Laurelle and Bintou
 With our beautiful mural.


For the end of the sunday school year, we had a kids day at church.  Eight am to 5 pm, nonstop fun!  For the kids that is.  Us teachers are usually lying unconcious by the end of it.  But somehow it's all worth it, just to see the smiles on their faces! 


 Manygi and David - I LOVE them.
 Grace

 Chimngo and I
 Emmanuel, actin' all cool
 Lea and Mai
 The view from the top of the church building, of the community veggie fields


I promise that my next blog will be a written one!  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the photos!

1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy the photos! I'm responding to you from sunny Florida (where I was this time last year physically), reading your blog about parties in Africa, 'liking' Chazz's photo in the mountains, isn't the internet AMAZING!? Not as much as God, but it is nice to know we can stay connected. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete